Thursday, June 7, 2012

7 Days Away- Some Time to Myself


I’ll be offline for the next seven days.
A 7 day hiatus.
A sabbatical from the computer, if you will.
Seven days to recalibrate, refocus, and recharge.


It’s time to take a break. Time to get away.
I need to take some time to live a private life for a while, away from blog posts, Amazon sales numbers, and e-mail checking. I need to discover if I am happier by living a private life.


Trying to become an established author has a brought an unforeseen problem. Becoming an author, especially a non-fiction author, forces a person to become a public figure. Authors need a platform and reader base, after all. If you led a private life before your venture into book publishing, you are in for an uphill battle. I am a private person by nature. Building a platform and growing a reader base has forced me into a role of salesperson, public relations representative, and self-promoter that I am not comfortable with.

So it is time to get away. If you leave a comment or send me an e-mail, just know I won’t get back to it for a week. I hope you understand. I need time to myself. I need to find out who Brian, the person is, before I try to retackle Brian, the author/blogger.

If this post strikes a chord in you, consider taking time off for yourself too. Turn off your Internet, your computer and just find yourself in the silence and peace of your private life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comment here...

Total Pageviews